About the Program
Customer Learning Lab is an intense, three-day boot camp over 10 days to help entrepreneurs identify their best market and customers. Social entrepreneurs listed in our Marketplace are eligible to apply to fill open seats in this bi-monthly program of Rev1 Ventures. The final boot camp for 2017 will take place on November 7, 10, and 17. Please review our Marketplace Inclusion guide to see if your organization qualifies to apply for this program.
Customer Learning Lab Expectations
The goal of Customer Learning Lab is to give entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs the advice, guidance, and tools to validate and create great products. We have two primary goals for Customer Learning Lab:
- All who participate will become more sophisticated entrepreneurs
- Only validated products will be built – those that we can prove will inspire and be used by others.
- When: 3 days over two weeks
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided each day
- Where: Rev1 Ventures | 1275 Kinnear Road | Main Conference Room
What to bring
- Yourself and a teammate
- Laptop, laptop charger, notebook, writing utensils
- Open to feedback, good attitude
- This is 25 classes of 1 — you (and your team) will be working with an advisor on only your concept.
- At least one of the same participants is required to attend all three days of the program
- Intellectual honesty — you need to be as unbiased and open to feedback/data as possible
- Data > Proxy Data > Gut instinct
- That data will be gathered using a paid tool. If you do not have a list of people on hand in your target market to survey, we would suggest using the tool learned in Customer Learning Lab.
- Believe your target audience, not your gut….or ours.
- If you have data from something you have launched bring it, if you have prior survey information, let us know!
DAY 1: Tuesday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Introduction and getting started – What is concept validation?
- Where to start – problem/solution
- Market assessment
- Using user stories to identify features
- Competitive analysis from user stories
Day 2: Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
- How to turn user stories into feature surveys
- Goal setting for surveys and Criteria for success – make predictions
- Create surveys
- How to interpret survey results
Day 3: Friday, 8:30am to 3:30pm
- Fish Bowl (think Shark Tank with out the deal/no deal)
- Compare survey results to goals and predictions
- Did you validate your features?
- After successful assumptions validation: customer validation
- After successful customer validation: business validation
- Rev1 Ventures Venture Acceleration Model and Next Steps