COVID-19 Resource Guide
If you’re running a nonprofit, small business, or social enterprise, there’s a lot on your mind these days. We’re here to try to make it easier. We encourage you to bookmark this page and visit it regularly, as we’re updating it weekly (and sometimes daily) and compiling a variety of resources & tools to help you navigate the murky waters associated with coronavirus. Our goal is to put you in the best position possible to emerge from this season not only with your head above water, but in position to thrive in a post-COVID-19 world.
Central Ohio Tools
- *NEW* HireLevel Promotions PPE Assistance: Over 200,000 PPE products available to order for reopening businesses during COVID-19.
- Ohio Community Development Corporation Association : Newly added resources for nonprofits during COVID-19, including a Community Recovery Fund.
- Ohio Small Business Development Centers: The OSBDC has created a biweekly web series to help small businesses and start-ups that may need guidance during COVID-19 in their Progress, Not Panic 2020 Video Series. Episodes air every Tuesday and Thursday,
- Columbus Foundation Emergency Assistance Program: Franklin County nonprofits are eligible to apply and receive support. See link for more details and an application.
- Columbus Chamber of Commerce: A laundry-list of resources for businesses, from public-health insights to economic resources and employee health & wellness options.
- GBQ: Guidance on coronavirus’ impact on you as an individual, your business as well as the benefits available to employees unable to work because of coronavirus.
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce: A compendium of business-support info, from the federal tax-payment rollback to unemployment compensation details, legal FAQs, & more.
- Women’s Small Business Association Ohio: Find the latest news, links for business & nonprofit support, and a variety of helpful articles (survival, marketing, & more).
- Ohio Office of Small Business Relief: The department can help navigate applying for disaster loans or stimulus funds, understanding regulations and accessing Small Business Development Centers and other forms of assistance.
- Centers for Disease Control: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019.
- National Council of Nonprofits: Various tools to support nonprofit, from emergency financing, federal stimulus analysis, state public policy resources, and more.
- Small Business Association: Coronavirus Guide
- US Chamber of Commerce: Resources to Help Your Business Survive Coronavirus
- Facebook Business Hub: Includes a Resilience Toolkit, Quick Action Guide, free tools to stay connected and for remote workers, and guides for leaders and owners in a variety of industry verticals.
Financing & Funding
- Get Ready for Round 2 of of the Paycheck Protection Program
To help you take advantage of COVID-19 relief opportunities, GBQ presents five things you need to know now!
- Columbus SBDC: An email update with details on the SBA’s Economic Injury Loans & Grants and provisions of the CARES Act.
- Pioneers Post | Social Enterprise Loans & Grants: A global list of grants, loans & other funding for social enterprises grappling with COVID-19.
- Small Business Administration: Disaster Loan Assistance Application.
- Finance Fund Loan Application: A new loan program intended to support organizations impacted by COVID-19. Eligible organizations include small businesses and nonprofits. Apply here.
*NEW* Events & Webinars
- Using Data Analytics to Conserve Cash and Fight Fraud: webinar hosted by GBQ on using data analytics for detecting potential fraud in your organization, June 24 at 11:30 am.
- Executive Session: Rebooting and Managing After COVID-19: free event hosted by The Nonprofit Times featuring an “all-star panel from some of the nation’s most well-known nonprofits,” available on their site now.
- Progress, Not Panic 2020: “Restaurant Reopening Strategies to Thrive” : Newest episode of the biweekly web series hosted by OSBDC, geared toward helping small businesses during COVID-19.
- Stay-at-Home Series: Impacting the Community: interactive discussion presented by CYP at noon on May 29.
- Stay-at-Home Series: Entrepreneurs and Innovators: virtual panel presented by CYP at noon on May 22.
- Webinar: Moving from Outputs to Outcomes to Increase Financial and Mission Impact: Hosted by SureImpact, hear president Sheri Chaney Jones share important steps organizations can take right now to increase their financial and mission impact 1 to 2 pm on May 21.
- Founder Therapy Power Hours: Legal Structure 101: webinar hosted by Flywheel from 11 am to 12 pm on May 21.
- Stay-at-Home Series: Virtual Magic Show with Michael Kent: at-home magic show presented by CYP at 7 pm on May 15.
- Road to Recovery: Strategies for Business Owners: webinar featuring an expert panel discussion, hosted by Columbus Business First, at 2 pm on May 14.
- Global Panel: How Will Leaders Successfully Transition Their People Back to the Workplace?: webinar hosted on Zoom by BlueEQ at 1 pm May 14.
- Founder Therapy Power Hours: Putting the “Fun” in Fundraising: webinar hosted by Flywheel from 11 am to 12 pm May 14.
- Progress, Not Panic 2020: “Top 7 Ways to Manage a Cash Flow Crunch”: Hosted by the OSBDC as a part of their new COVID-19 resource biweekly web series.
- Founder Therapy Power Hours: Cash Rules Everything Around Me: webinar on cash-flow management & running lean, hosted by Flywheel from 1 to 2 pm May 12.
- COVID-19: Maximizing Relief for the Restaurant Industry: GBQ webinar recording, hosted from noon to 1 pm May 7.
- COVID-19: SBA PPP Loans Forgiveness Updates, Myths and Additional Scrutiny: GBQ webinar recording, hosted on May 6.
Helpful Articles & Papers
- The Essential Guide to COVID-19 Research: Engage For Good has compiled a masterlist of the latest social impact research and reports during the uncertainty of COVID-19.
- EFG Social Impact Resources: Additional industry resources to help with social impact plans and strategies from Engage For Good.
- Inc.’s Essential Business Survival Guide: Expert advice on handling panicked customers, interrupted supply chains, webinars, Zoom meetings, hyper kids, and a rapidly changing work environment.
- FAQs on Coronavirus Relief: For Small Businesses, Freelancers, and more, from the NY Times.
- Nonprofit Resources: A shared Google document with an extensive list of resources and tools, particularly for nonprofits.
- Tools and Resources for Nonprofits: An essential library of materials for nonprofits and nonprofit executives for managing through COVID-19 from the Nonprofit Finance Fund.
- Rev1 Startup Playbook: Managing Your Startup through coronavirus.
- Social Enterprise Alliance: Navigating COVID-19 as a social enterprise.
- SMBs Survival Guide: Best 8 Financial Tools to Combat COVID-19: resource created by Finimpact to help small and midsize businesses navigate through COVID-19.
Giving Back & Volunteering
- Besa: Discover a number of safe, meaningful ways to give back and make a positive impact right now by visiting BESA’s COVID-19 response page.
- COhatch Delivers: Learn more about volunteering with COHatch to deliver groceries, make meals, supporting health-care professionals, and more.
- POINT app: Search POINT app in your Android or Apple app store to find immediate volunteer opportunities for you and your family in central and southwest Ohio.
- Ohio COVID-19 Job Search: Search Ohio’s Coronavirus job portal by zip code or city to find jobs from essential businesses.