SocialVentures is seeking a Marketing and Analytics Director to support the mission of advancing remarkably good businesses—businesses that intentionally integrate social impact as a non-negotiable component of their business model. We also are building a revenue generating business and require marketing expertise to help guide the business to consumer (B2C) efforts. This position includes the creation and management of all publicly facing materials from the organization (newsletters, social media, etc) as well as analyzing effectiveness of any efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role of Marketing & Analytics Director will be responsible for three main areas of work: Strategy; Communication; and Analysis.
- Marketing Strategy
- Develop a comprehensive strategy in line with goals of the organization, including plans for analysis and how we will know if we are successful;
- Focus strategies to increase our organic reach through link building, content distribution, social media, and strategic partnerships;
- Optimize marketing spend/ROI and tactics across paid search, SEO, social and offline;
- Convert web and social traffic into qualified leads for both B2B and B2C sales, using a range of targeting strategies;
- Create and maintain an engaging content calendar to significantly increase traffic to the website, blog, page views, and other key content metrics.
- Communications and Outreach
- Write and send newsletters, maintaining a monthly calendar as well as ensuring any sponsorship obligations are met;
- Write a monthly article highlighting the business and impact of a local social enterprise for publication in the Metropreneur online newspaper;
- Create and manage all content on social media platforms, our website, newsletters and across industry channels;
- Manage the design, printing, and distribution of all print collateral and signage, including conducting or overseeing video and photo editing.
- Help develop multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive demand and generate leads (i.e. blog posts, white papers, re-engagement campaigns)
- Collect and interpret analytic data on the effectiveness of each of our communication channels;
- Develop outreach strategies around analysic output;
- Focus on improving key metrics to increase both engagement and sales;
- Run A/B tests across different marketing channels including emails, landing pages and display ads, and to scale on these channels.
The position will be half-time (20 hours per week) with the potential to expand duties to include event management and become full-time if funding becomes available. Our preference is for the selected individual to be a salaried employee of SocialVentures and compensation will commensurate with experience. Consultants are welcome to apply and, if selected, they can remain contractors if they desire. The selected individual will need to provide his/her own laptop computer, cell phone, internet access and transportation. All work will take place in Columbus, Ohio, and the surrounding 11-county area. All deliverables will be the property of SocialVentures. One or more part-time interns will be on staff to support this work.
The Ideal Candidate
SocialVentures is looking for an individual who is energized to be part of a nonprofit organization and who finds it exciting to support the integration of social impact with start-up and early stage entrepreneurship. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work independently, is curious and adaptable, and has a high level of business, quantitative, and editorial literacy. It is important that the candidate be able and willing to contribute a unique perspective to the organization. Strong writing, editing, and visual communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to analyze effectiveness of all channels.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Collaborative, team-oriented skills;
- Ability to think creatively about how to reach our target audience(s) and leverage strategic partnerships;
- Experience with all social media platforms including posting, commenting, sharing, and measuring effectiveness;
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to use data to optimize campaign performance and inform future strategies.
- Experience producing high-quality content marketing assets (blog posts, email newsletters, guides, etc.)
- Ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track as well as measure the results
- Passion for testing, optimization, and using creative advertising content to drive lead and conversion performance
- Growth mindset and constantly motivated to iterate and improve
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that requires multi-tasking and the ability to recognize high priority initiatives
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; looking to fill the role immediately.
SocialVentures is an equal opportunity employer for all contractor and employee positions. We will not discriminate against any person or job applicant on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, handicap, or sexual orientation.