SocialVentures is seeking a part-time Marketing and Communications Director to support the mission of advancing remarkably good businesses—businesses that intentionally integrate social impact as a non-negotiable component of their business model. This position includes managing all publicly facing materials from the organization (newsletters, social media, etc) as well as organizing both small and large events in the social enterprise ecosystem.
Duties and Responsibilities
The programs you will be responsible for,along with a non-exclusive list of underlying duties are:
Communications and Outreach
- Write a monthly article highlighting the business and impact of a local social enterprise for publication in the Metropreneur online newspaper.
- Manageand writeall content on Facebook, Twitter, our website, and newsletters.
- Collect and interpret analytic data on the effectiveness of each of our communication channels.
- Manage the design, printing, and distribution of all print collateral and signage, including conducting or overseeing video and photo editingand .
- Conduct or acquire all photography for Metropreneur interview, social mediaand the website.
- Manage all distribution lists.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to coordinate activities and strategies
- Attend bi-monthly governing board meetings
- Manage an editorial calendar for all communication channels.
Workshops and Events
- Create and manage Eventbrite registration and descriptions for all events, including tracking links and payment.
- Implement any discount or scholarship programs available to qualified registrants.
- Organize and manage all events,including but not limited to reserving space, ordering food, room set-up, A/V requirements, and on-site oversight of the event, etc.
- Design, disseminate, and analyze follow-up surveys to assess satisfaction with programs and solicit suggestions for improvement and new programs.
- Ensure recognition requirements for sponsorship agreements are fulfilled.
Website Maintenance and Online Marketplace
- Assist the Vice President to maintain functionality of the Marketplace.
- Solicit and manage a discount coupon program for social enterprises listed in the Marketplace.
- Work with contracted web designers to ensure the SocialVentures website is functional and up-to-date (photos, events, blog posts, etc.)
Annual Report and Positioned to Prosper
- Manage all aspects of Positioned to Prosper (August 6, 2019), including location, catering, AV, program, decorations, volunteers,registration, on-site oversight,etc.
- Work with the report designer on layout, visuals, and timeline for the annual report
- Conduct post-event evaluations and compile a report with recommendations for improvements for the following year
This position is anticipated to require 20 hours per week, with flexibility and additional hours during peak event times. The selected individual will be a salaried employee of SocialVentures and compensation will commensurate with experience. The selected individual will need to provide his/her own laptop computer, cell phone, internet access and transportation. All work will take place in Columbus, Ohio, and the surrounding 11-county area. All deliverables will be the property of SocialVentures.
The Ideal Candidate
SocialVentures is looking for an individual who is energized to be part of a young organization and who finds it exciting to support the integration of social impact with start-up and early stage entrepreneurship. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter whocan work independently,is curious and adaptable, and hasa high level of business, quantitative, and editorial literacy. It is important that the candidate be able andwilling tocontribute a unique perspective to the organization. Strong writing,editing, and visual communicationskillsare essential.
Qualifications and experience:
- A strong understanding of business principles, particularly with non-profit and start-up entities, though completion of specific business coursework is not required;
- Collaborative, team-oriented skills;
- Strong ability to connect with social entrepreneurs and collaborate with local partners;
- Experience with networking events in the start-up space, whether from an attendance or planning perspective, especially in Central Ohio;
- Facility with all social media platforms required, website maintenance experience preferred.
- Photo and video editing experience as well as graphic design experience.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, WordPress, MailChimp, Eventbrite, and SalesForceis desirable.
SocialVentures is an equal opportunity employer for all contractor and employee positions. We will not discriminate against any person or job applicant on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, handicap, or sexual orientation.
SocialVentures (formerly The Center for Social Enterprise Development) is a 501(c)(3) organization formed in 2014 to advance remarkably good businesses—businesses that intentionally integrate social impact as a non-negotiable component of their business model. SocialVentures supports these nonprofit and for-profit businesses so that the entrepreneurs, consumers, and beneficiaries of their mission-driven endeavors are all better positioned to prosper. From our workshops and accelerator initiatives to our community engagement efforts, SocialVentures advocates for, develops, and funds businesses that solve social problems in our community.
SocialVentures divides its current work in support of social enterprises into three components:
- Build the Movement: Outreach and advocacy to advance the acceptance and formation of social enterprises.
- Business Acceleration: Training and support services for social enterprises.
- Access to Capital: Improving access to capital for new and growing social enterprises.
More information about SocialVentures and its work is available at http://www.socialventurescbus.com/.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; looking to fill the role immediately.