SocialVentures seeks a paid intern to help support the mission of advancing remarkably good businesses – businesses that intentionally integrate social impact as a non-negotiable component of their business model.
The intern will be a vital part of expanding the social media and communication efforts of SocialVentures to better serve the social enterprise ecosystem. This is an exciting opportunity to interact directly with dozens of social entrepreneurs and their missions, to document & publicize their progress and impact in the Central Ohio region.
The successful candidate will work to expand the presence of SocialVentures both online and in print through social media, blog posts, and traditional promotional materials. This includes synthesizing all social media channels, repurposing blog contents to develop new posts, and creating marketing materials to use on various platforms. In additional to distributing content, the intern will also gather analytics and analyze the effectiveness of media campaigns. The intern will be an integral part of the SocialVentures team and will report to the Director of Marketing & Analytics.
The intern will be expected to:
- Support the SocialVentures social media execution including writing content, scheduling posts, and collecting & analyzing data;
- Assist in the selection, interview, and writing of a monthly social enterprise business profile in the Metropreneur online newspaper;
- Aid in the management of the blog to provide information that best serves all stakeholders in the social enterprise community, including creating new posts, working with guest bloggers, and repurposing old content;
- Help to design and create promotional materials for SocialVentures marketing & sales efforts, as well as specific events;
- Ensure sponsorship commitments are met as directed by senior staff;
- Contribute to the creation of the monthly SocialVentures newsletter by supplying content, proof-reading, and checking links;
- Create social media campaigns to encourage individuals to engage and buy from Columbus social enterprises;
- Support the planning, organization, set-up, and break-down for Positioned to Prosper, our annual event taking place each August (2021 date TBD);
- Attend and support video-recording sessions done at multiple social enterprises in Central Ohio as-needed;
- Attend and contribute at weekly staff meetings; and
- Perform other duties as needed related to the growth and development of the social enterprise ecosystem in Central Ohio and the strategic plan of SocialVentures.
This part-time position will require 20 hours per week starting in May 2021 and ending in August 2021. The start and end dates can be flexible based on the candidate’s availability. Additional hours are available if candidate is interested and available, and extension into the school year is possible if both parties agree. Compensation will be $15 per hour and will be paid bi-weekly. The selected individual will need to provide his/her own laptop computer and have reliable internet access. All deliverables will be the property of SocialVentures.
The Ideal Candidate
SocialVentures is looking for an individual who is energized to be part of a small non-profit organization and who finds it exciting to support the integration of social impact with start-up entrepreneurship. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is curious and adaptable with a high level of business, quantitative, and communicative literacy, and who will contribute a unique perspective to the organization. They will exercise creativity to find solutions to challenges that arise, and ambition to present ideas that would move the mission of SocialVentures forward. Most importantly, they will be eager to support and learn about all the social enterprises in central Ohio and always bring fun into the job duties they are performing!
Qualifications and experience:
- A strong understanding of marketing principles, particularly with non-profit and start-up entities, though completion of specific coursework is not required;
- The ability to think creatively about how to reach and interact with social entrepreneurs;
- Collaborative, team-oriented skills and the ability to work independently;
- Strong networking skills to identify new social enterprises, connect with social entrepreneurs, and collaborate with local business experts;
- Excellent communication skills, specifically in writing, themes, and data explanation;
- Familiarity with WordPress, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and GoogleDocs; Extensive experience will all major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter);
- Experience with planning events (especially in a digital environment) is welcome but not required; and
- Experience with digital design platforms, such as Canva is welcome but not required.
SocialVentures is an equal opportunity employer for all contractor and employee positions. We will not discriminate against any person or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
SocialVentures (formerly The Center for Social Enterprise Development) is a 501(c)(3) organization formed in 2014 to advance remarkably good businesses—businesses that intentionally integrate social impact as a non-negotiable component of their business model.
Our VISION: a community where positive social impact is integrated into every business in a sustainable way.
Our MISION: we advance the social enterprise ecosystem by empowering businesses to amplify their social mission while expanding growth and creating lasting change.
SocialVentures divides its current work in support of social enterprises into three priorities:
- Connection to Customers: Establish an environment that fosters sales growth for social enterprises.
- Advance the Ecosystem: Increase awareness of the social enterprise ecosystem.
- Improve the Core Business: Establish connections between social enterprises to larger relevant networks and resources
More information about SocialVentures and its work is available at our website: http://www.socialventurescbus.com/.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 12, 2021. Applicants will be contacted the week of March 15, 2021.