Growing and Sharing Food, Creating Beauty, and Building Community through Urban Agriculture.
Franklinton Farms is a civic agriculture organization that advocates for a healthy neighborhood food system in Franklinton. We host a farm that serves our community as a social enterprise by growing and selling produce in Columbus and Franklinton.
Our Social Impact
We measure our social impact in the following ways:
- Number of farm employees hired by revenue generated from Urban Farm;
- Total investment of organizational revenue in hiring community members;
- Number of Franklinton households participating in weekly food delivery services through Franklinton Farms Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program;
- Percent of households participating in Franklinton Farms CSA reporting increased consumption of and access to fresh fruits and vegetables;
- Total number of volunteers contributing to community food system work in Franklinton.
2018 Social Impact Numbers:
- One full time employee to manage urban farm;
- $24,000 invested in hiring community members to help build and operate urban farm;
- 60 Franklinton households participating in weekly food delivery services through Franklinton Farms Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program;
- 74% of households participating in Franklinton Farms CSA reported increased consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables and 96% of households reported increased access to fresh fruits and vegetable;
- 1120 Volunteers contributing to community food system work in Franklinton for a total of 4310 hours.