Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about our new Social Impact Validation Pilot Program. If you still have additional questions about this new program, please send an email to email@example.com.
What is this new social impact validation pilot program?
SocialVentures and the Better Business Bureau of Central Ohio (BBB), in collaboration with Measurement Resources Company (MRC), are advancing a pilot program to develop a new service that will review, validate, and communicate the social impact created by social enterprises in Central Ohio.
Why was this pilot program developed?
While conducting a third-party audit of an organization’s financial performance is standard practice, there was no easy mechanism for social enterprises to prove the legitimacy of the social impact they report to their stakeholders, consumers, funders, donors and investors. SocialVentures, the Better Business Bureau, and Measurement Resources Company, have developed this program to help advance the social enterprise sector by fostering a sense of trust in social enterprises that are willing to be transparent and demonstrate their social impact.
Which social enterprises are participating in the pilot program?
- Art & Clay on Main (David Uhl, Director of Business Development, Fairfield County Board of Developmental Disabilities)
- Bikes for All People (Ed Miner, Executive Director)
- CAREcutz (Marvin Green, Co-Founder)
- Downsize With A Heart (Steve Votaw, President, Furniture Bank)
- Food for Good Thought (Sarah Duplessis, Program Director)
- Freedom a la Cart (Paula Haines, Executive Director)
- Furniture With A Heart (Steve Votaw, President, Furniture Bank)
- Habitat for Humanity-MidOhio’s ReStore (Phil Washburn, Program Director)
- Kicks Mix Bookstore (Diana Spain, Owner)
- Nature’s Touch Landscaping (Ramona Swayne, Managing Director, Alvis 180)
- The Roosevelt Coffeehouse (Kenny Sipes, Founder)
- Square Seven Coffee (David Uhl)
- Transitions Commercial Cleaning (Ramona Swayne, Managing Director, Alvis 180)
My social enterprise would like its social impact validated. How can we apply to this program?
The pilot program will continue throughout most of 2019. SocialVentures will announce when social enterprises may begin to apply. Want to be added to our mailing list to receive updates? Please complete our online form.
How will I know if a social enterprise’s social impact has been validated as part of this pilot program?
Beginning in November 2018, the 13 organizations (listed above) will have the right to display a new seal that includes SocialVentures’ and the Better Business Bureau’s logo, with the text, “Social Impact Validated.”